OPAP S.A. has received a number of distinctions for its work in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility:
FTSE 4 Good Index,an international standard for responsible business practices, in 2006
The FTSE4 Good Index was launched in 2001 byFTSE Group and is a series of stock market indices, based on a range of Corporate Social Responsibility criteria. The research realized for the indices is supported by the Ethical Investment Research Service (EIRIS).
"Golden Peacock Award 2007" - distinction for the company's 2006 Annual Report on Corporate Social Responsibility
OPAP S.A. received an international distinction for its 2006 Annual Report on Corporate Social Responsibility, during the 8th International Conference on Corporate Governance held on September 20th, 2007 in London. The Conference was organized by the World Council for Corporate Governance (WCfCG); more than 30 companies from all over the world participated in it and were assessed against international standards for sustainability reporting. OPAP SA received fifth place in the «Golden Peacock Award for CSR Reporting» Contest, following Coca Cola Enterprises, Vodafone UK, Telefonica Europe and Union Fenosa. The companies were assessed against strict criteria based on international standards and practices of Corporate Social Responsibility. The final selection was realized by the Awards Jury, which was comprised of eminent personalities from the business and government sector, such as Dr. Ola Ullsten, former Prime Minister of Sweden, Dr. Olivier Giscard d'Estaing, President of the INSEAD Foundation and Dr. Ruud Lubbers, former Prime Minister of Netherlands.
2007 "Social Responsibility" Award ofACCI (Athens Chamber of Commerce & Industry)
The ACCI Awards have become an established institution over the last 17 years, aiming at rewarding success, consistency, tradition, respect for the environment and social responsibility and, also, at setting a good example for other companies to follow.
2010 CR Index Award
For a second consecutive year, OPAP S.A. has been awarded, within the context of CR Index, for contributing to Greek society. OPAP received a BRONZE Class distinction during the Awards Ceremony held on April 6th, 2011. In total, 17 companies have received a distinction for their performance in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility, whereas, at the same time, the results of the companies' assessments were presented to the Greek business community.
2009 CR Index Award
OPAP SA was one of twelve Greek companies that received a BRONZE Class distinction in 2009 for their corporate responsibility, within the context of the CR Index, in Greece. CR Index is a business assessment and benchmarking tool that enables companies and organizations to measure their performance in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility. The award ceremony was held on Tuesday, April 13th, 2010 at Grande Bretagne Hotel, where the companies have been awarded for their performance in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility, while, at the same time, the results of the companies' assessments were presented to the Greek business community.
Award for OPAP S.A employees'voluntary blooddonation (2007 & 2008)
• Honorary distinctions(in 2007 & 2008) by the Pan-Hellenic Federation of Voluntary Blood Donors (POSEA) for the company's action on the development of voluntary blood donation.
• Award (in 2008) by the Pan-Hellenic Association of Volunteer Blood Donors of Ministry of Health and Social Solidarity "Elias Politis".
OPAP SA was awarded for its sustainable contribution to institutions involved in blood donation, as well as for its valuable contribution to the promotion of the idea of blood donation and the idea of volunteerism in our country. Since 2005, the employees' voluntary blood donation takes place at least three times a year at the company's premises.
THALES Awards - CEO& CSR2011
Second Enterprise Award in the category "Public Voting Award: Most Popular Company for CSR", was granted to OPAP S.A., following an on-line voting by the readers of the newspaper "CHRIMA", conducted from 4 to 15 April 2011. This institution takes place every year, since 2007, and apprises those companies that are significantly involved in issues that corporate social responsibility and sustainable development address.
First Enterprise Awards in the categories "Corporate Social Responsibility - 2008"and "Best State Controlled Company - 2008" were granted to OPAP S.A., following an on-line voting by the investors of the electronic newspaper CHRIMA Week and an opinion survey conducted by research firm ALCO to senior executives of companies listed on the Athens Stock Exchange (ASE), the Mutual Funds Managements Companies S.A (AEDAK)and the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
OPAP SA was honored with the "LEADING BRAND" Award at the award ceremony «LEADER OF THE YEAR AWARDS 2005», held on May 9th, 2006 at Athens Concert Hall (Megaron). The "Golden Eagle" Award confirmed the leading position of OPAP S.A. brand for the year 2005. By being granted this award, the efforts of the company's employees and the initiatives of the administration were also appraised. The "LEADER OF THE YEAR" awards constitute an institution in eight European countries with Greece being one of them. Each year, the individuals and the enterprises that have excelled in the fields of politics, business, arts and Media are awarded, based on the results of a public voting and the judgment of the Awards Committee. The event was co-organized by Dream Works Corp Europe and the Hellenic Leaders Foundation, which is in charge of this institution in Greece.
Corporate Superbrands Greece 2011-2012 Award
During a brilliant event, the Corporate Superbrands Greece 2011 – 2012 Award Ceremony, held in a central Athens hotel, a number of leading brands from all sectors of economic activity had the honor to be awarded as Corporate Superbrands. The main objective of Superbrands institution is to recognize and award the effort and continuous achievement of all those brands that contribute to the creation, supply and promotion of top-quality branded products and services, at the national and international level, based on the concept of contribution to society. OPAP S.A. received a distinction in the category of entertainment and games of chance. In total, 2000 companies participated in this process.
OPAP has also received Honorary/Special Distinctions from:
· the Association of Parents and Guardians of People with Special Needs of Western Attica "ELPIDA" for having donated a special coachfor the needs of the Association (2011).
• the Association "Amazons-Sikiaridion Foundation" for OPAP S.A. contribution to the achievement of the Association's and the Foundation's goals.
• the Volunteers Against Cancer Club - AgkaliaZO for supporting the Club's work (2008)
• the Association of People With Special Needs (PWSN) LIFE CARE for supporting the Club's goals (2009)
• the Pan-Hellenic Association of Paraplegics, for supporting the Club's goals (2009)
• OPAP was selected by the European Commission as a case study & success story of great interest, in terms of expanding, at European level, the implementation of the project "Entrepreneurship Development for Vulnerable Social Groups, based on Evaluation of the Olympic Venues and Sports Facilities" of the Development Partnership "Post-Olympic Business".
• the Hellenic Associationof Amateur Athletics(SEGAS) on 1/3/2011 for sponsoring the Athens Classic Marathon 2010 and other athletics' national events (2011).
• the Association «Together for Children" for supporting the Association's goals, as Grand Sponsor (2011).
• the Association "Friends of Aghioi AnargyroiGeneral Oncology Hospital"for the donation of a Digital Mammography & Ultrasound to the "Breast Cancer Prevention Center" (2011).
• the Greek Olympic Committee, on 24/1/2012, for the contribution of OPAP S.A. contribution to the successful organization of the 29th Athens Classic Marathon (2012).
• the International Olympic Academy, on 5/4/2012, as Golden Sponsor (2012).