March 1st, 1959 (PRO-PO)
January 26, 2009
PROPO – according to the game selected by the participant – requires the exact prediction of the result in either fourteen (14) football matches selected for every PROPO competition play slip, or of the first seven (7) football matches of the same series of fourteen (14) matches onthe play slip. The results options are home team win (marker "1"), away team win (marker "2") or a tied match result (marker "X"). Players can place bets using either simple columns or system bets.
Each PROPO competition includes fourteen (14) football matches. Halftimes can also be included as standalone football matches in PROPO play slips.
Winning tickets for the prediction of all fourteen (14) matches (GAME TYPE A') are allocated to the following prize categories according to the number of correct predictions:
a) Winning tickets that include correct predictions on all fourteen (14) football matches on the play slip are allocated to prize category (I)
b) Winning tickets that include correct predictions on thirteen (13) out of the fourteen (14) football matches on the play slip are allocated to prize category (II)
c) Winning tickets that include correct predictions on twelve (12) out of the fourteen (14) football matches on the play slip are allocated to prize category (III)
Winning tickets for the prediction of the first seven (7) matches (GAME TYPE B') are allocated to the following prize categories according to the number of correct predictions:
a) Winning tickets that include correct predictions of all first seven (7) football matches on the play slip are allocated to prize category (I)
b) Winning tickets that include correct predictions on six (6) out of the first seven (7) football matches on the play slip are allocated to prize category (II)
Winnings distribution & Prizes per winning ticket
The total amount distributed as winnings in every competition in all prize categories of TYPE A' games (prediction of the results in 14 matches) constitutes 53% of the gross pool fund of the specific GAME TYPE, after the deduction of the agents' fees and the percentage provided for by Law 3057/2002 (in total 41.0432% of the gross pool fund) and it is distributed as such:
a) 48% of that is distributed to 1st prize category winning tickets
b) 28% of that is distributed to 2nd prize category winning tickets
c) 24% of that is distributed to 3rd prize category winning tickets
The total amount distributed as winnings in every competition in all prize categories of TYPE B' games (prediction of the results in the first 7 matches) constitutes 53% of the gross pool fund of the specific GAME TYPE, after the deduction of the agents' fees and the percentage provided for by Law 3057/2002 (in total 41.0432% of the gross pool fund) and it is distributed as such:
a) 67% of that is distributed to 1st prize category winning tickets
b) 33% of that is distributed to 2nd prize category winning tickets.
If the amount corresponding to a lesser prize category is higher than the corresponding amount of a higher prize category, then the total distributed amounts are added and their sum is subsequently equally divided among all winning tickets of both prize categories.
When there are no winning tickets in any of the prize categories, then the amount corresponding to this prize category is not distributed and there is a rollover to the next appropriate competition at which time this amount it is added to the amount distributed in the same prize category (JACK POT).
How much does it cost?
The amount due per column is 0,25 €, which corresponds to selecting results for either all 14 matches included in the play slip or just for the 7 first matches on the slip.
Where can I play?
Valid tickets are sold exclusively in OPAP S.A. agencies.
End of participation
Entries stop at approximately half an hour before the scheduled kick-off of the first football match.
Three PROPO competitions are held every week: Wednesday PROPO, Saturday PROPO and Sunday PROPO.
The winning column and sorting results are uploaded on our website. They are also broadcasted by ERA SPORT radio station and can be obtained by calling 14944 (OTE).
General participation terms
· Participation in draws/competitions takes place with the sole responsibility of participants and implies the full, absolute and unreserved acceptance of all relevant provisions of law in force as well as of the terms and conditions as they are defined every time by OPAP S.A.
· Play slips are used only for the processing of players/participants' selections by the Central Processing Information System and do not constitute evidence of an Entry.A valid entry Ticket is issued only by the specific terminals when the appropriate amount due is paid.
· Upon receipt of the Ticket the participant must check its validity and that it contains all the selections entered on the specific play slip.
· OPAP S.A. is not responsible if, for any reason, elements of a Ticket are not entered in the Central Processing System or if those have not been safeguarded according to the provisions of law in force. In that case, the owner of the ticket is not entitled to any prize money or compensation.
· The participant has the right to ask for the cancellation of his participation and the refund of the value of the Ticket only when this is permitted according to the terms and conditions as defined by OPAP S.A.
· Within a period of six (6) days from the completion of the draw of the winning numbers, any interested party may submit an objection to OPAP S.A. if the Central Processing System does not recognize the winnings that result from the specific Ticket.
· Prizes are payable to the holder of a winning ticket. In case of loss of a winning ticket the player is not entitled to prize money or other form of compensation.
· Prizes are paid either by authorized OPAP S.A. retailers, or by authorized Banks following the procedures established by OPAP S.A.
· Upon prize payment, the corresponding taxes are withheld by OPAP S.A. according to the provisions of law in force.
· After a period of three (3) months from the draw of the winning column any prize claim is void.
· Tickets who are destroyed or altered or in any other case cannot be validated and retrieved from the Central Processing System are not valid and are not entitled to any prizes or any other claim for compensation by OPAP S.A.
· OPAP S.A can issue a winnings receipt following the submission of a request.
General Rules,PROPO Rules
PROPO Player Handbook
History – Evolution of the Game
The first PROPO competition was held on Sunday March 1st, 1959, it was the launch of a game that was to become a popular game of prediction and luck for Greeks, bringing participants hope and offering lots of money and a new life to the lucky winners.
For the 1st PROPO competition 727,340 columns were filled in. The first PROPO play slip included 12 matches. In the same year, during the 8th PROPO Competition 4.010,502 columns were filled in, a record that was going to hold for several years.
By March 1965, when football matches included on the play slip increased to 13, there were only two prize categories, which shared 45% of the pool fund of every competition. In 1959 agents kept 5% of the gross pool fund.
Column price was fixed at 2,5 drachmas up until 1975, when the first price adjustment increased column price to 4 drachmas. Today it stands at € 0.15.
For thirty-two years, PROPO was the only game operated by OPAP. For thirty-two years it was the only source of revenue for Greek Sports. It was the par excellence Greek popular game.
Until 1995, PROPO was hand written and throughout all its phases the operations were processed by hand instead of computers, as is the case today. However, technological progress also brought about changes in PROPO, this great popular game.
The computerized PROPO play slip was introduced in April 15, 1995, and is completely different from the previous one both in the way it looks, as well as the way it has to be filled in. The greatest difference however is in the way it is processed, a procedure that until then required a lot of time and effort since it was solely hand processed, which some times lead to mistakes or even omissions (objections etc.). Today, OPAP S.A.'s modern information system processes all aspects of the game, managing entries, ticket issuance and the publishing of results, ensuring game security, the fast publication of results and the elimination of mistakes.
In August 31, 1997, PROPO was modified and became PROPO with SUPER 13, adding an extra football match (S13) to create another prize category, SUPER 13. In this prize category were allocated all winning tickets that had predicted correctly the extra match as well. A JACK POT was also established for PROPO SUPER 13 category, as well as for all prize categories with shares below €0,88.
In March 7, 2006 SUPER 13 stopped and PROPO 14 and PROPO 7 were introduced. There is a JACK POT in all prize categories. All winning shares are distributed to winners. Unclaimed winnings are written-off after three (3) months. Bets are settled based on full time results (extra time is not included). Column price is set at € 0.15. If a match is annulled and not conducted within one day since the last match on the slip, the winning column is completed by a draw.
In January 26, 2009, the column price was fixed at € 0.25 and new redesigned play slips are available with more option for the players.