June 10, 1992
January 26, 2009
PROTO is a game of chance (Numerical Lottery) requiring the prediction in exact sequence of the digits of a seven-digit number resulting from a draw, ranging from 0.000.000 to 9.999.999. The participant has the possibility to either create seven-digit numbers himself or to accept the random numbers generated by terminals in agencies. Wagers are placed on simple columns, sequential or random numbers.
There are six (6) prize categories. Every winning seven-digit ticket is allocated to only one prize category according to the number of digits of the winning number it includes, which must be an exact match and in the proper sequence as the digits of the number drawn:
a) Winning tickets with seven-digit numbers whose digits match exactly and in the exact order the digits of the seven-digit number drawn belong in the first prize category (I)
b) Winning tickets with seven-digit numbers whose digits match exactly and in the exact order either the first six (6) digits or the last six (6) digits of the seven-digit number drawn, belong in the second prize category (II).
c) Winning tickets with seven-digit numbers whose digits match exactly and in the exact order either the first five (5) digits or the last five (5) digits of the seven-digit number drawn, belong in the third prize category (III)
d) Winning tickets with seven-digit numbers whose digits match exactly and in the exact order either the first four (4) digits or the last four (4) digits of the seven-digit number drawn, belong in the fourth prize category (IV)
e) Winning tickets with seven-digit numbers whose digits match exactly and in the exact order either the first three (3) digits or the last three (3) digits of the seven-digit number drawn, belong in the fifth prize category (V).
f) Winning tickets with seven-digit numbers whose digits match exactly and in the exact order either the first two (2) digits or the last two (2) digits of the seven-digit number drawn, belong in the fifth prize category (VI).
Fund Distribution and Earnings per Winning Ticket
The total amount distributed as earnings in first prize category (I) is 9.5% of the gross pool fund of each draw, equally divided among the winning tickets of this category. The amounts paid as winnings per ticket in the other five (5) categories are fixed and stand as follows:
a) For every winning ticket in the second prize category (II) the amount payable are twenty five thousand euros (€ 25,000).
b) For every winning ticket in the third prize category (III) the amount payable are two thousand five hundred euros (€ 2.500).
c) For every winning ticket in the fourth prize category (VI) the amount payable are two hundred and fifty euros (€ 250).
d) For every winning ticket in the fifth prize category (V) the amount payable are twenty-five euros (€ 25).
e) For every winning ticket in the sixth prize category (VI) the amount payable are two euros (€ 2).
When there are no winning tickets in the first prize category (I), then the amount corresponding to this prize category is not distributed and there is a rollover to the next draw at which time it is added to the amount distributed in the same prize category (JACK POT).
How much does it cost?
The amount per column, which consists of one seven-digit number for one draw, is € 0.50. Minimum participation is one (1) column perTicket.
Where can I play?
Valid tickets are sold exclusively in OPAP S.A. agencies.
End of participation
Entries close at approximately half an hour before the designated draw time.
Proto draw takes place every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday at approximately 22.00. The draws are broadcasted live to the public exclusively through OPAP's YouTube channel, tzoker.gr and Tzoker application.
Playing PROTO using play slips from other Games
At the bottom part of JOCKER, LOTTO, PROPO and PROPOGOAL play slips there is a field that allows players to also wager a bet on PROTO. Marked spots in this field act accumulatively. One can play up to 1936 consecutive PROTO numbers. If for example in a JOCKER play slip you mark numbers 5, 20, and 500 in the PROTO field, then you will also participate in PROTO with 525 consecutive numbers starting from the initial random number.
ATTENTION: If you participate in PROTO using JOCKER, LOTTO, PROPO and PROPOGOAL play slips, then two (2) separate TICKETS are issued, one for each game.
General participation terms
· Participation in draws/competitions takes place with the sole responsibility of participants and implies the full, absolute and unreserved acceptance of all relevant provisions of law in force as well as of the terms and conditions as they are defined every time by OPAP S.A.
· Play slips are used only for the processing of players/participants' selections by the Central Processing Information System and do not constitute evidence of an Entry.A valid entry Ticket is issued only by the specific terminals when the appropriate amount due is paid.
· Upon receipt of the Ticket the participant must check its validity and that it contains all the selections entered on the specific play slip.
· OPAP S.A. is not responsible if, for any reason, elements of a Ticket are not entered in the Central Processing System or if those have not been safeguarded according to the provisions of law in force. In that case, the owner of the ticket is not entitled to any prize money or compensation.
· The participant has the right to ask for the cancellation of his participation and the refund of the value of the Ticket only when this is permitted according to the terms and conditions as defined by OPAP S.A.
• The bearer of the ticket shall keep the details of the ticket confidential and not reveal them to any third party.
• OPAP S.A. bears no responsibility for any damage caused by the notification of the details of the player’s ticket to third parties.
· Within a period of six (6) days from the completion of the draw of the winning numbers, any interested party may submit an objection to OPAP S.A. if the Central Processing System does not recognize the winnings that result from the specific Ticket.
· Prizes are payable to the holder of a winning ticket. In case of loss of a winning ticket the player is not entitled to prize money or other form of compensation.
· Prizes are paid either by authorized OPAP S.A. retailers, or by authorized Banks following the procedures established by OPAP S.A.
· Upon prize payment, the corresponding taxes are withheld by OPAP S.A. according to the provisions of law in force.
· After a period of three (3) months from the draw of the winning column any prize claim is void.
· Tickets who are destroyed or altered or in any other case cannot be validated and retrieved from the Central Processing System are not valid and are not entitled to any prizes or any other claim for compensation by OPAP S.A.
· OPAP S.A can issue a winnings receipt following the submission of a request.
History – Evolution of the Game
OPAP S.A. was granted the license to organize and conduct PROTO and the game was launched in 10/6/1992, the column value then was set at 100 drachmas (€ 0.30) according to the Presidential Decree 395/1990 (Government Gazette 158/26-11-91 volume a') and the Ministerial Decision 33708/1990 (Government Gazette 739/26-11-90 volume b').
In January 26, 2009 the price of the single column was set to € 0.50.
When PROTO was first introduced, it consisted of 6 main prize categories and two extra categories (+3, -3). In the first main prize category were allocated the winning tickets whose number matched perfectly the seven-digit number and in the other categories were allocated the winning tickets whose number matched the last 6, 5, 4, 3 and 2 last digits of the winning number. In the extra categories +3 and -3 were allocated the tickets whose number matched perfectly the seven-digit number that was drawn, if +3 was added or -3 was subtracted from its last digit.
In November 12, 1997 PROTO was modified and the two extra prize categories were abolished, extra winning categories were established (the numbers matching the first 6, 5, 4, 3, and 2 digits of the seven-digit number that was drawn also win) and an independent PROTO play slip was introduced. Since 22/03/2001 the game can also be played using the JOCKER, LOTTO, PROPO and PROPOGOAL play slips.
Fixed winnings for prize categories II to VI were established in January 26, 2009.
Furthermore, a new and redesigned play slip is in place, offering more player options as well as the possibility to participate in consecutive and future draws.