A series of procedures takes place in order to check and to ensure credibility and transparency of the draws. The steps are the following:
1. Draws are conducted in the presence of an Independent Draws Committee which consists of members who are defined by the Ministry of Culture. These members certify that every necessary procedure (a. final approval from Committee on Control b. test draws procedure) has been abided by to ensure the draw's integrity.
2. Before each draw procedure starts, drums and balls are checked by the Draws Committee (DC). Specifically, test draws take place for checking the drums and two of the three available balls strings are selected randomly by DC for the main and backup drums. Balls are weighted by a high accuracy weight scale, in order to certify that any weight deviations are within manufacturer's defined margins.
3. High accuracy weight scales, mechanical drums and balls are manufactured by internationally certified companies.
4. Checking drums and balls procedure, as well as the live draw, can be watched by anyone interested.
5. Draws are broadcasted live by a nationwide TV station – something that further ensures the procedure's credibility.